Thursday, December 17, 2009

Merry Book Event & Places I Write

On December 12, one of my favorite indie bookstores, Wisebird Bookery of Ogden, Utah,
hosted a holiday event featuring the book Christmas Miracles by Marley Gibson and Cecil Murphy. Drienie Hattingh, a local writer and one of my favorite people (pictured in purple, right in front of the tree), came to sign her miraculous story that's inlcuded in the book.




Santa and his elves were there, and with hot cocoa, old-fashioned peppermint sticks, a warm fire, and good friends, it was a wonderful way to get out of the cold and shopping frenzy and get excited about the upcoming holidays. My oldest and youngest son came along, and as you can see, enjoyed themselves. And, as luck would have it, someone bought a copy of my ro-com, Miss Match while I was there, and I got to sign it for her. (That happened about a week ago at Hastings, and I swear my son thinks I'm famous or something! LOL.)
Okay, so on to the question of the month: what kind of setting do I need to be in to write? I would love to write in a quaint little bookstore like Wisebird. However, since I come with kids attatched to my legs, I usually just write at home. I have a laptop so I can move freely from room to room if need be, but when I'm really serious about writing, I go into my home office. I guess I've learned to adapt and can write anywhere, from quiet hotel rooms and libraries to noisy places like McDonald's. I also write at all times: early morning, middle of the night, and all throughout the day. Just whenever I can fit it in!
Thanks for reading, and warm wishes for a happy holiday season and new year!
xoxo

1 comment:

Debbie Rigaud said...

Hi Wendy,
If I ever make it to Utah (which I hope to one day), I've got to visit this bookstore. Sounds fantastic.
And I'm with you--thanks to my laptop, any spot in the house is as good as any to write. Happy Holidays to you! :-)